McLaren Specter – mclarenspecter.com (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), McLaren Specter Litt Limited of 130 old Street, London EC1V 9BD is the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services, search our site, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those on our site;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to provide you with information about services or market updates we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail or SMS with information about services similar to those which we have already provided to you.If you have not previously purchased services from us we will only contact you by e-mail or SMS if you have consented to this e.g. by ticking a marketing preferences box on a form that we used to collect your information. You can contact us at any time to update your marketing preferences by clicking on the links that appear on the bottom of each of our marketing communications or by Contacting Us.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to monitor your compliance with contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we may share your personal information with:
- Other member(s) of our corporate group from time to time (if any)
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites; or
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying your identity and/or assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose or transfer your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Mclaren Specter Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, we cannot be held liable for any harm resulting from a breach of security.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for our own marketing purposes. You can indicate your marketing preferences by ticking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your personal data and you can Contact Us at any time to update your preferences.
We will not disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You are entitled to access the information that we hold about you. To exercise this right please Contact Us in writing detailing the information that you would like to access. Please note that we may be entitled to refuse access to some or all of information where particular legal exemptions apply. We may charge you an administrative fee of up to £10 to access the personal data we hold about you.
In writing, addressing your correspondence to:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone by calling: 0203 713 4667